L2 L3 Protocol Testing Training Course
Protocol testing is the testing of protocols or programs used in devices like routers , switches, PCs, printers, firewalls, modems etc. Protocols used for communication works in different layers of OSI model, but when it comes to routers and switches these protocols generally work in L2 and L3. So in datacom industry protocol testing refers to the testing L2L3 protocols.
Manual testing types and methodologies are very much the same in protocol testing and software testing, however test automation is carried out by scritpting languages like Python, TCL, Perl etc. Though networking devices supports GUI configuration using Web interfaces or NMS, configuring using CLI (Telnet or SSH) is convenient and faster, so protocol testing mostly involves testing and verification using CLI.
Protocol testing training
Protocol testing training course provided by zframez includes manual testing of L2L3 protocols and automation using Python scripting.
Zframez has created a customized course curriculum according to the requirements in datacom industry.
Training focus on learning the in-depth working of protocols used in routers and switches including their algorithm,
packet structure, events, test cases , topology setup, configuration etc
Protocol testing training course modules
Protocol testing course contents
- Part A
- 1. Introduction to protocol testing training
- 2. Devices and their working
- 3. IP address and MAC address
- 4. OSI and TCP-IP model
- 5. Working of network stack
- 6. Packet creation process
- Part B
- 1. Introduction to basic protocols
- 2. Ethernet
- 3. ARP
- 4. IP
- 5. ICMP
- 6. TCP & UDP
- 7. DHCP, DNS, FTP, TELNET, SNMP, SSH, SIP
- 8. Lab exercises
|Routing and L3 Protocol testing
- Introduction to Routing and L3 features
- 1. Overview of routing and routing architectures
- 2. Static and Dynamic routing
- 3. NAT
- 4. ACL
- 5. VPN
- Routing protocols
- 1. RIP
- 2. OSPF
- 3. BGP
- 4. EIGRP
- 5. Lab exercises
|Switching and L2 Protocol testing
- Layer 2 protocols and features
- 1. Introduction to switching
- 2. VLAN and VTP
- 3. IEEE.1Q tagging
- 4. STP
- 5. RSTP
- 6. MSTP
- 7. Overview of Metro ethernet and OAM protocols
- 8. Link aggregation and LACP
- 9. Lab exercises
- Introduction to IPv6
- 1. Differences between IPV4 and IPV6
- 2. Addressing formats
- 3. Auto-configuration
- 4. IPv6 routing
- IPv6 protocols:
- 1. RIPng
- 2. OSPFv3
- 3. MP-BGP
- 4. ICMPv6
- MPLS overview
- 1. Traditional packet forwarding methods
- 2. Introduction to MPLS and its advantages
- 3. Introduction to LDP and labeling
- 4. MPLS applications
- 5. MPLS VPN
- Protocol testing concepts
- 1. Protocol testing types
- 2. Protocol testing lifecycle
- 3. Developing testcases and test plans
- 4. Bug reporting and tracking
- 5. Bug lifecycle
- Protocol testing tools
- 1. Traffic generating tools
- 2. Capturing tools
- 3. Simulators
- 4. Automation tools
- 5. Debugging tools
|Python training and automation
- 1. Data types and variables
- 2. Introduction to syntax
- 3. Control structures and Loops
- 4. Lists, String,Tuples, Arrays/Dictionaries
- 5. Functions and variable scoping
- 6. File handling
- 7. Regular expressions
- 8. Object oriented programming
- 9. Expect automation
- 10. Automation framework
- 11. Regression testing
- 1. Preparing protocol testing interview questions
- 2. Mock interviews
- 3. Online test
Frequently asked questions
- What is the duration of the course?
- - Course duration is 4 to 4.5 months
- When does the next batch start?
- - Please call or contact us through Whatsapp on 8884 884 844 to know about the next batch
- How many sessions will be there in a week?
- - Classes will be from Tuesday to Friday.
- - 1 to 1.5 hours of session will be there every day.
- - Extra classes will be there on weekends if required
- What are the batch timings?
- - First batch: 7:30 AM
- - Second batch: 09:30 AM
- - Third batch: 11:30 AM
- What is the protocol testing course fees? Can I pay the fees in installments?
- - The course fees is 40000 INR . Yes , you can pay the fees in four installments.
- Can I attend demo classes before registration?
- - Yes
- Do you provide corporate training?
- - Yes, We provide corporate training for L2 L3 testing and Automation
- Can you help us getting interviews for protocol testing jobs?
- -Yes, Zframez provides recruiting services for permanent and contract positions
- Do you provide interview oriented training based on protocol testing interview questions?
- -Yes, We conduct mock interviews every week to prepare commonly asked protocol testing interview questions.
- Do you provide Python training? Is there any prior knowledge required for learning python automation.
- -We do provide Python training . Prior knowledge in programming language is not required , but knowledge in any language like C or TCL or Perl will be an advantage.
- How many sessions will be there for Python training
- - Minimum 20 hours of class room sessions are required to complete python training
- Do you provide TCL training?
- -We do provide TCL training, but as more requirements are there for Python, one need not prepare both .